The Bulgarian Centre of Women in Technology, the Digital Leadership Institute, Begital and Trust for Social Achievement are proud to announce Move It Forward – female digital starters weekend – in Sofia, Bulgaria, bringing teenage and adult women* together to develop digital projects with and for women Roma. This initiative, part of the DLI inQube female digital accelerator, is supported by top technology companies, women’s networks and communities and the digital startup ecosystem. Its objective is to give beginner girls and women the skills to drive positive change and enable them to become digital entrepreneurs and leaders.
Participants: If you are a teen or adult woman* of any background interested in building your tech and entrepreneurship skills, please „Apply To Attend“ for this FREE event here! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis and all effort will be made to accommodate everyone who applies.
Laptops: A laptop is needed to benefit from the workshops of the weekend. If you have a laptop please bring it with you. If you require assistance with this question, please contact us.
Languages: Workshops and inspirational talks will be given in the language of choice of the speaker with interpretation in other languages, as needed. If you would like to support this event as an interpretor – Bulgarian/English – please kindly contact us.
Registration: You can register for the event here.
*anyone who identifies as a woman
Day One – 8 July (Saturday):
- 8:00-8:30 – Registration & Coffee
- 8:30-10:30 – Opening Plenary: Inspiring talks by Move It Forward Partners
- Welcome & Keynote Presentation
- Welcome: Ms. Cheryl MillerDigital Leadership Institute Founder
- Keynote Presentations:
- Ms. Radostina Chaprazova – Arete Youth Foundation
- Ms. Viktoria Petrova – Roma Education Fund
- Ms. Zina Tenekedjieva – Roma activist
- Ms. Billiyana Petrova – IT expert
- 10:30-12:30 – Workshop 1: Launch Your WordPress Website in the Cloud with Ms. Nicola Walsh, Ms. Chris Gerpheide & Ms. Boryana Goncharenko / Amazon Web Services
- 12:30 – 13:30 – Working Lunch & Briefing for Coaches
- 12:30-14:30 – Workshop 2: Securely Manage your Cloud Presence with Mr. Peter Drnovsek / Amazon Web Services
- 14:30-18:00 – Brainstorming, Proposals, Idea Selection, Team Grouping & Project Work
- 18:00-19:00 – Dinner
- 19:00-22:00 – Project Work with Coaches (optional)
Day Two – 9 July (Sunday):
- 8:00-8:30 – Coffee & Danishes
- 8:30-10:30 – Workshop 3: Smartphone App Developmentwith MIT App Inventor for Android with Ms. Cheryl Miller/ DLI
- 10:30-14:00 – Project Work with Coaches
- 12:30-13:30 – Working Lunch
- 14:00-15:00 – Presentation Preparation
- 15:00-17:00 – Closing Plenary: Project Presentations & Judging
- 16:30 – Keynote Presentation by Ms. Sasha Bezuhanova, Move.BG Founder and BCWT Chairperson
- 17:00-19:00 – Awards Dinner & Networking
Prizes will be handed out for the top three projects presented on Sunday afternoon in the following categories.
- Overall Best: 6-month inQubation at the Digital Leadership Institute; 10 Hours one-to-one inQube Startup Coaching
- Most Business Potential: 4-month inQubation; 8 Hours one-to-one inQube Startup Coaching
- Most Innovative: 4-month inQubation at DLI; 8 Hours one-to-one inQube Startup Coaching
- Ms. Malina Krumova – Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Public Works
- Ms. Sasha Bezuhanova – BCWT Chairperson and Move.BG Founder
- Ms. Emilia Karadocheva – Board Member at Trust for Social Achievement
- Ms. Nancy Schiller – President of America for Bulgaria Foundation
- Ms. Nicola Walsh – Amazon Web Services
- Ms. Leona Aslanova – Founder at Innovation Starter & Innovation Explorer Bulgaria
The Move It Forward femaledigital starter weekend is supported by a worldclass team of coaches and trainers who are generously giving their time to help participants deliver awesome projects and enterprises.
Share Your Super Power with the inQube Community!
inQube is about knowledge-sharing among women – some new to the career marketplace, and some more experienced but looking to try new things, e.g. starting their own digitally-driven commercial or social enterprise. Do you have a secret super power (big or small!) that you would like to share – in an open, relaxed and non-judgemental setting – with a group of kind and curious women who could really benefit from what you know? Then please get in touch with us! Your contribution to the inQube community can pay you back in free attendance at workshops and events run by inQube and other community members, so anything you contribute will come back to you.
Volunteering, Donations & Sponsorship: If you or your organisation is interested in sponsoring girls and women to participate in DLI activities, partnering, volunteering, or if you would like to support DLI and its mission in other ways, please contact us!